Tuesday, September 2, 2008

County Fair and Family Fun
















We just got in from a fun night at the fair.
There is just an exciting feeling in the air when the fair comes to town.
The kids had lots of fun and to my surprise they rode the big rides.
I'm not used to that, they usually only ride things like the little airplanes and the spinning apples, you know the kid stuff.
Well, even Sawyer, 4 year old little Sawyer rode the big kid rides with Brittany.
I was a little worried when they got on the star ship that spins out of control, but when they got off and got back on, I knew they had stomachs of steel.
We went with the Phillips' and the Ballingers', I'm so glad because they got to go on the rides with kids while I stood back and took pictures.
I did take part in 2 rides. Tracy talked me into the 1001 Knights ride that goes up high in the sky and it wasn't that bad.
I used to love to ride, but in my old age it takes alot to get me on one.
Of course, we had to have some fair food, which to me is the best part.
Cotton candy and hand dipped corn dogs are where it's at. So here's a few pics from our fun night at the County Fair.

4 comments:

dnwsmith419 said...

Hey, Mindy, this is Nichole. I can't believe that you don't like rides anymore!!!! If I recall Correctly, your definition of a good ride was "something that's gonna rip my guts out and make me say I wanna do it again."!!! I'm glad you guys had a good time.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Courtney said...

Last night was tons of fun!!! We must do that again next year! I will never forget Kailey saying, "I have to get off now!" when we got on that high ride.

Sandy said...

Wow, that sure does look like you all had fun. I guess we will miss the fair this year. I finally got to check your blog again. I have missed it.
Love,
Sandy