Sunday, September 14, 2008

HOMESCHOOL AND CHILDRENS CHOIR


Today we started our homeschooling for the year. I had big plans of getting up and taking them out to breakfast and then coming home and getting started. Well, as things sometimes go, none of that happened. We did however get started before lunch.


Sawyer was excited, although, he would never admit it. I bought him a few preschool books to work in, so he would think he was doing something. He kept saying, "why do I have to do school?" "this is boring." It was funny because he only said it because he heard the big kids saying that stuff.



I wanted to share this poem I came across.




Whatever you write on the heart of a child,no water can wash it away.
The marks in the sands are erased by the tide;
inscriptions will crumble with clay.
The words in a book will decay with the years
and even engraving in stone disappears.
But God’s Word inscribed on a little child’s heart
for time and eternity shall not depart.


Sunday, at church we had our Homecoming service. I have been working on Wednesday nights with the kids downstairs, teaching them the song, "He's Still Working On Me." They performed it Sunday morning and quoted their bible verse they have been learning. They did a great job, but I must say they sing it a whole lot louder when they are not in front of a crowd.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the first day!! Got your comment lastnight so we said a prayer for ya this AM as we started.