Thursday, September 4, 2008

HEY IT"S COOL OUT







Tonight as we were at the ballgame,(which we won), I couldn't help but to be excited about the cool weather. I'm sure we're not completely through with the hot yet, but just the little glimpse of fall makes me ready for it now.

I have already started putting out a few of my fall things, I just can't help it. I still have some more to get out, I don't want to seem to over enthusiastic. Just seeing those fall colors and pumpkins makes me smile. I think I'll wait a couple more weeks to go get the mums.

Since it's cool out I decided to make Tracy's broccoli and cheese soup recipe and it was really good. There's nothing better than having a warm bowl of soup on a cool night.

We just finished watching John McCain's speech and I have to say I am very optismistic about the McCain/Palin ticket.

Here's a few pics of some of my fall decor(still not done I'll add more when I am), sorry about the pics, I'm clearly not a photographer. Here's the soup recipe for those who want it.

Broccoli and Cheese Soup

2 bags of chopped, frozen broccoli
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 cans of chicken broth
1/2 box of velveeta cheese
2 c. milk
1/4 stick butter
salt and pepper
Cook broccoli until tender; drain. In large pot combine broccoli, broth, soup, butter, salt, pepper, and milk. Heat until hot, then add cheese cook on medium until cheese melts.

0 comments: