Monday, October 20, 2008

IT'S FIFTHS DISEASE AND I WILL SHOOT YOU

Before John left, he took Sawyer to the doctor.

The diagnosis was Fifth's Disease.

Which basically meant, I should have just kept him here and saved my money.

I was already doing what he told us to do.

They didn't prescribe him anything.

He only took Sawyer because Landon is just too sickly to take out.

I knew whatever Sawyer had was the exact same thing Landon has.

It's just so sad to see 2 boys who are usually bouncing off the walls and getting into everything in sight, just laying around, not moving. or even talking.

I almost feel like I'm in the twilight zone. Just too abnormal.

I mentioned John is leaving for Knoxville, this is the 1st time I will have stayed home with the kids by myself and on top of that they're sick.

I'm a little nervous because I don't do alone well.

Don't worry though, John showed me how to use the gun.

So anyone planning on getting us is in for a shock because I WILL shoot you.

No questions asked!

Pray that Landon gets better soon, it's just too sad seeing him like that.

5 comments:

A Day In Our Household. said...

All of mine including myself had that same thing last month. That is what Caylob was sent home from school with. All it is is a virus and there is nothing they can give them. But the good news is they will probably never get it again. Also Landon will probably feel better very very soon. Try to enjoy the quiet. I know it is hard tho. Liana is running a fever and I cannot stand for the kids to be sick. I feel so helpless. Also you are soooo not alone on not wanting to stay home by yourself. When Frank is on nights I do NOT sleep much. Ok now that I have wrote a NOVEL in your comments. Take care!

Anonymous said...

With that title, I had to come and check it out!

Thoughts and prayers coming your way!

Courtney said...

Thanks for warning me. No rolling your house anytime soon. ;-)

jodikeeling said...

the thought of you and a gun for some reason to me is just hilarious. I couldnt quit laughing...

Nina in Portugal said...

Mindy,
It's nice to 'meet' you. I've been here several times. you have a lovely family.

We've had 5ths disease in our home too. it stinks. I got it also and it took months for me to get better. i remember not being able to open a jar of jelly because my hands were so weak. I'm so sorry to hear about this...and hope evryone is feeling better now. kids recover so much quicker than adults, at least my kids did.

I'll enter you into my give-a-way...don't be a stranger!

Have a great time at church Wed. night. Sounds like fun!