I'm loving this cold weather we're having outside. Right now it is 34 degrees and it's about 11:30pm, so it will continue to get colder throughout the night. Needless to say, we have the heat on.
Yesterday, Tracy and I were shopping in Jackson and I found myself saying, "this weather is making me want to do some Christmas shopping." It just felt like Christmas shopping weather.
When it starts getting cool out, hot chocolate comes to mind. I am not a coffee drinker. I don't even like the smell of coffee, so hot chocolate is my choice beverage for warming up on a cold day. I would rather have white chocolate any day over milk chocolate.
I found this recipe and thought it would hit the spot one day this week while we're getting the cool weather. I hope you try it.
White Hot Chocolate
Ingredients:
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup heavy cream
4 cup half-and-half
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Vanilla whipped topping, for garnish
Mint leaf, for garnish
Directions:
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine white chocolate chips and heavy cream. Stir continuously until white chocolate chips have completely melted. Stir in the half-and-half, and vanilla extract. Stir occasionally until heated through. Pour into mugs and top with a dollop of vanilla whipped topping and garnish with mint leaf
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
COOL WEATHER AND WHITE CHOCOLATE
Posted by Mindy at 11:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
WOW Mindy I am going to try this...Im not a coffee drinker either YUCk but I love hot chocolate and I love white chocolate!!
You I was thinking we should talk more often we seem to have alot in common we are both busy moms and very involved with out church's
Post a Comment