For some reason people are always thinking I look like someone they know. I don't know what it is, but they are always telling me they have seen someone who looks just like me somewhere.
I have a friend at church and people are always telling us that we look like sisters. They call us by each others names and we have just started answering them instead of correcting them. What is worse than that is sometimes our husbands have gotten us mistaken for the other from behind. That could become a real hairy situation if you know what I mean.
Also, there is a girl from my hometown who people mistake me for. She worked for the hometown newspaper and was a year ahead of me in school. One day I had went into the donut shop in town and the lady behind the counter said, "you forgot the newspapers last week." I looked around and realized there was no one else around and said, "are you talking to me." She said, "yes, you forgot the newspaper last week." I said, "I have no idea what you are talking about." She must have thought I was just joking with her and then I realized who she thought I was. I said, "you must be thinking I'm so and so." She said, "you're not, if your not you must be her twin sister??"
I'm sure she felt pretty crazy then.
Not 2 weeks later, I was at Jonathan and Jessie's wedding, when one of the retired elementary teachers came up to me and sat down and says, "I don't know if this the appropriate time and place, but can I talk to you about putting something in the paper." I thought, you have got to be kidding, and I said, "Mrs. so and so, you must think I'm so and so, but don't feel bad this happens to me alot." She said, "your not, well you look just like her." Bless her heart.
Now today I got a message from a one of my friends from high school. This is her message in her own words...
MINDY! I was at the doctor's office yesterday and saw your identical twin! I sat down beside her and said, "Girl are you not even going to talk to me?!" She said, "I have no idea who you are." She looked sooo much like you that my stupid self says, "MINDY! I cant believe you!"
Anyways, she teaches at Brookland School and her name was &*&*((&.
I'm serious, I should have taken her picture!!! :)
That is way too funny, I'm sure Jinger got a good laugh at that. If you know her you know she is hilarious!
I wish I pics of these girls and could let you compare for yourselves. Maybe I'll get those later.
Friday, August 29, 2008
LOOK ALIKES
Posted by Mindy at 2:02 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment