Tuesday, August 26, 2008

FALL, WHAT A LOVELY TIME OF YEAR!


It's getting close to fall, and I'm SOOO excited. I love the fall. I know it's still pretty warm out, but I am so tempted to start putting out all my fall stuff. To help with my fall fever, I decided to go ahead and change my blog background to something fallish.

I just can't resist the pumpkins, scarecrows, hay, leaves... you get my drift. There is just something about fall. There seems to be a different feeling in the air, and has anyone else noticed, but fall also seems to have it's own familiar smell.

I love going to the fairs, football games, pumpkin patches, having hayrides, and weenie roasta. I miss living in the country because we used to invite everyone out and have a hayride and a marshmallow and weenie roast. Maybe eventually we'll be able to do it again. I can just see us starting a bon fire here in the middle of town and every fire truck in town showing up to put it out. It wouldn't be the first or second time that we have had fire trucks here, but that will have to be a later post.

Fall also means that it's time to start school again. Somedays I'm ready to jump right in and get things started, and then other days I dread the everyday routine. I am getting excited about starting our field trips with the other homeschoolers at church. I have been pondering on what would be fun and exciting for them. Does anyone have any great field trip ideas? Like I said, I AM READY FOR THE FALL!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking today about carmel apples. YUMO!

Susan said...

Fall is my favorite time of year! I also love what your previous post said about God waking you up. Oh, when I obey, the result is so sweet.

By the way, Tracy commented on my blog that I reminded her of you (I think) when you can't help but laugh when others fall. That was the blog post titled, "Pride comes before the Fall...Boy, does it ever."

I enjoyed reading what you have to say.

Tracy said...

You really should visit Susan's blog and read that post. It is so much like you! Anyway. LOVE the new look, very fallish!