Wednesday, February 25, 2009

LEAVING AND RECIPES

We are heading out Thursday morning to a Bible conference in Arkansas. We'll be leaving the kids at my Mama's while we're gone. I soooo need to do that to keep my self sane. It's different when you homeschool your children, so much more of your time is spent with your kids and breaks from them for a few days are few and far between. They also enjoy going to their Grandma's and getting away from us too. I'm trying to convince my friend that it's OK to do this, but she soo doesn't go for it.(you know who you are!)We will be at the conference until Sunday night and then we'll drive back home Monday morning after we stop in Trumann and pick up the kids. I'm looking forward to the conference, but I'm also looking forward to spending time with friends and just getting away from everything. I hope everyone has a great week! I'll leave you with Tasty Thursday's recipe.
I thought I'd do a quick and easy recipe since that's what I'd do if I were making supper. I'm all about quick and easy! This is something I throw together for lunch alot for the kids because it's not time consuming and they like it. If you went to school at Trumann then you probably remember the pizza that really wasn't pizza, but it was really good, well this thing reminds me of that. It doesn't have a name so I'll call it school pizza.
School Pizza
1 roll of Pillsbury Pizza Dough or cresent rolls work fine too
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 pkg. mozzarella cheese, shredded
Brown ground beef or turkey, drain. Add taco seaoning per directions. Spray a 13x9 pan and place pizza dough on bottom. Next add taco meat mixture and then cover with mozzarella. Bake according to the pizza dough or cresent rolls package. I hope you like it!

2 comments:

Jeff and Carre Gordon said...

We are sooo excited it CRAZY!!! I've always been hard to live with but this this past week as been hard for Carre. I'M FIRED UP!!!!

Sandy said...

Hope you had a wonderful time. It is OK for you all to have a break.