We have been working to get our basement in living condition. It's been a mess. Back a few months ago we had a catastrophe with plumbing and all down there. We had it cleaned and decontaminated but we hadn't gotten it painted and back in workable conditions.
So this past week John got down there and painted with the help of Dalton and Ethan.
We decided to keep our old living room suite for now and put it down there as another area for the youth. We also have put John's desk down there so that he has a place to keep all his junk for work.
Now we'll move the kids toys back after I get the chance to get rid of some of them. That's for another day when I can make myself go through it all. Most of their toys have been put into totes and stored in the building out back until we were able to get everything done. They do have things to play with down there though. Which it really doesn't matter because it seems these days toys are not as fun as the Wii and DS's.
There is also a storage room down in the basement that must be cleared out before I lose my mind over it. I think I have some sort of disorder because I CANNOT stand for things to be piled up. This room is piled sky high because my lovely husband doesn't mind clutter and has been putting everything under the sun down there. So that will also be something that will be tackled in the next week or so. I just organized it not that long ago and it's killing me knowing that it's already in disarray again.
Anyway, I think I'm going to like the basement better this way because it can serve as another "living "area. We will use it as a place for the kids to hang out and watch tv, John's office, the youth room on Wednesday nights, and the toy room. Now that's what I can multipurposing!
I really like my new couches and I'm really glad I decided on two couches instead of a love seat and a couch. They just seem to work better.
We had our Valentine's Banquet at church Saturday night and I'm glad to say that everything turned out great. Thanks to Brittany and Courtney for keeping all the kids entertained while the adults got to sit down and eat and watch Fireproof.
I would post pics of the basement and all the other things I've promised to post the pictures of around here, but we can't seem to find any of our batteries. Hmm, that seems to be going on alot here lately?

0 comments:
Post a Comment