| Post Options | Labels for this post: e.g. scooters, vacation, fall | |
All Labels: | |||
I have a confession to make. I never take my kids to the library. *GASP*
I just never think about it, so Thursday, John took Evan and Kailey.
Landon and Sawyer had gotten in trouble over a balloon during Wednesday Children's Club so they couldn't go.
Landon and Sawyer had gotten in trouble over a balloon during Wednesday Children's Club so they couldn't go.
I stayed behind with the boys while the others went to the library. Since I couldn't go, I had John take the camera so that he could take pictures. I really wanted him to take a picture of them getting their first library card, but he wasn't able to get it. I asked why he didn't take their picture getting the card and he said that they kept telling him to stop taking their pictures in the library because he was embarrassing them. WHAT? They aren't old enough to be embarrassed of us yet, are they? John said, they kept hiding behind stuff and saying, "Dad, stop taking our picture in here, this is so embarrassing." "People can see you doing that!"
I'm not quite ready for them to be all "embarrassed" of us taking their pictures in public just yet. The more I think about it though the more I realize it probably was embarrassing to have their dad follow them around taking pictures of them looking at books! Just making more memories.
I'm not sure if this is just my kids or not, but does anyone elses kids love infomercials and believe every one of them? Every time a commercial comes on that says, "These are the sharpest knives ever" or "This product gets the stains out every time" the kids are glued to the TV and then are convinced that we can't go another minute without these things. They think these products are going to change our lives for the better. It's pretty funny, because they are dead serious about the fact that we need the "Mighty Putty." With all that said, Friday night Landon and I were in the living room, I was watching TV and he was playing the DS and out of nowhere he says, " Mom, did you know the Kia Sedona and the Kia Sorrento got a five star rating?" I was like, really, do you think we should get one or something? He said, " no, I just wanted to let you know." Well, there you have it, free advertisement from a 6 year old. What could be better than that?


2 comments:
Too funny about the infomercials. Bran is the same way.
If they say, "free"--even for 30 days, he wonders why we haven't taken advantage of that awesome deal!
Just wanted to say hi. I havn't talked to you in forever! Love you, Angela
Post a Comment