This past week was very busy around the Dillinger house.
Wednesday night we had our trunk or treat at the church.
We had such a good time and I was so proud of all the ones who came out and helped and opened up their "trunks" for the kids.
Everyone did such a wonderful job.
We had a ton of kids show up.
I was so excited about the number of people who came.
Not only were we there to have a great time, but we were also able to get the gospel into many hands that night because of all the chick tracts we put into the kids bags.
I pray that they went home and read them.
If you have never read a chick tract, you need to. They are kind of like a little comic book. Go here to read one.
Friday night we had the King James Fellowship at church and Angela, Jonathan, Jessie, and Phillip were able to come.
We had a blessed time.
We always enjoy when they get to come.
Angela is staying here with us for a while and we are having a good time together.
Jump forward to Sunday, the Callmeyer Family was with us.
They were also with us Friday night, but they were "really" with us Sunday.
You may remember me posting about them last year when they were with us.
Their daughter Kayla who sings with them has down syndrome and what a blessing she is.
We fed them lunch after church Sunday morning.
Well, for dessert we had oreo pie, honey bun cake, brownies, and pumpkin pie.
The one and only thing we forgot was chocolate chip cookies.
We had no idea that Kayla loves chocolate chip cookies, so Bro. Jeremy asked if I had any at the house that I could come and get. (I don't know what kind of home he thinks I'm running, but what house with 4 kids doesn't have chocolate chip cookies at all times?)lol
I came over and got Kayla some cookies and she thanked me.
Her mother says she never forgets those things, so now everytime she sees me she will be looking for those cookies.
I'll be sure not to disappoint.
Since I got her the cookies, she had to have her picture made with me. Here we are..
Oh, and she kept telling John and Bro. Jeff that she loved them, so she had to have a picture with them too..
I know she looks small between these two big guys, but she just turned 21.
When I have time, I'll try to upload some pictures from the trunk or treat.
I hope everyone goes out and votes McCain/Palin tomorrow!
Monday, November 3, 2008
TREATS, FELLOWSHIPS, COOKIES, AND VOTE
Posted by Mindy at 10:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
The Trunk or Treat went very well. Tons of fun! Friday and Sunday were a blessing too!
Post a Comment