Wednesday, November 5, 2008

GOD BLESS AMERICA

As everyone knows by now, we have a new President.

Who was not my choice.

Last night my kids sat in front of the tv and watched the election and would yell out everytime John McCain would win a state.

They just could not believe it when Barack Obama won.

They were saying, "why did all those people vote for a bad man?"

That just broke my heart because you could see the worry on their faces.

Theirs weren't the only faces with concern.

I had to remind them that God is in control and He's watching out for us and that we need to pray for Obama and ask God to touch his heart.

That seemed to help.(At least Kailey stopped yelling at the tv)

I called everyone in my family yesterday, to make sure they didn't forget to go vote.

Well, I called Mary Beth and asked if she went and voted yet, she said she was going and we hung up.

Just a few minutes later she called back and said, "Kaleb wants to tell you something."

He then proceeded to tell me that he got to vote today at pre-school, and that he voted for Barack Obama.

I then said, "Kaleb, why did you do that?" He said, "because I just knowed to."

Well then how do argue with a 4 year who doesn't even know who Barack Obama is?

So, I told him that Sawyer was going to be upset because he was voting for John McCain and had asked everyone who came over that day who they voted for, which of course they all said, John McCain, and then he would say, good, he's the good guy.

To my disbelief when I told Sawyer this story, he said, "I'm voting like Kaleb, and then he started going around the house saying, "I'm for Obama" a gazillion times and really wearing on John's nerves.

We could not believe our baby had turned so easily under peer pressure and to top it off he was for the bad guy.lol

Needless to say, after about 30 minutes of that he got his sense back and said, "nah, I'm gonna vote McCain", to our relief because you know how concerned we were that our 4 year old who cannot even vote would vote for the bad guy if he could.

I watched him as he sat and watched the crowds of people waiting for Obama to give his speech and as serious as he could be, he was studying the tv and the next thing I know, he says, "how come all those people voted for the bad guy?" And all I could say was I was wondering the same thing.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't believe how the election went either. I hoped Americans were smarter than that. But, God's in control...