Wednesday, November 5, 2008

IT'S TASTY THURSDAY AGAIN


Tasty Thursday has rolled around again.

Since it is November and close to Thanksgiving and all, I thought I would share "Thanksgivinny"(I know it's not a real word, but I like it) recipes for this month.

This weeks recipe comes from my secret sister at church.

She does a great job. She always puts a Good Housekeeping recipe card in with my gift. Which I think is great.

I'm still trying to figure out who she is, this one really has me guessing...

Here's the recipe...

PUMPKIN SWIRL CHEESECAKE

1 c. graham cracker crumbs
2 tbsp. butter, melted
3 pkgs. 8oz cream cheese
1 c. sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
4 lrg. eggs
1 can solid pack pumpkin
2 tbsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground allspice
1/2 tsp. salt
1 8oz. container of sour cream

Preheat oven to 325. In a bowl mix crumbs and butter until moistened. Next press into spring form pan. Bake crust 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack.

In large bowl, beat with mixer cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and eggs until blended and smooth.

In medium bowl, mix pumpkin, cornstarch, cinnamon, allspice, and salt. Stir in half of cream cheese mixture into pumpkin mixture. Stir in sour cream into remaining cheese mixture.

Reserve 1/2 c. pumpkin mixture; pour remaining onto crust. Carefully pour cheese mixture on top. Spoon dollops of reserved pumpkin mixture onto cheese layer. With knife cut and twist through layer to obtain swirl effect.

Bake 1 hour. Turn off oven; let cheesecake remain in oven 1 hour longer. Remove from oven, loosen from side of pan to help from cracking. Cool completely. Cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours.

4 comments:

Jeff and Carre Gordon said...

OK!!! Thats it!!! I'm not reading your post anymore. They always make me hungray!!! Just kidding!! I always have to say "Just Kidding" because someone might think I'm being serious.

Anonymous said...

I know who your secret sister is... make this for me and I just might tell ya who it is! :)

Tracy said...

Yum! That does look good...maybe the girls on Wednesday night can learn this first. ha! Then we can have a taste testing service. ;o}

Courtney said...

I'm not one for pumpkin, but my mom would LOVE this dessert!
I have a new and improved blog if you're interested. But, I think you'll have to find it by going to my profile and all that.
Have a good day!