This past Saturday, Wal-mart had a pre black friday sale.
They had quite a few good deals, but as always, there were only a few of each item.
Which then in turn causes people to go crazy.
My steadfast husband ventured out Saturday morning about 7:30 to get me one of the laptops(which was the hot item) for $298.
He says, he pulled up in the parking lot and it didn't look that busy, so he meanders his way through the store, back to the electronics dept. where he finds a huge line all the way to the kids clothing.
He gets in line and the guy handing out tickets asks what he is wanting and he tells him the computer.
Wal-mart guy says, "Sorry, I just gave the last one away."
For the huge line of people they only had gotten 30 of the computers. Which was way better than the 2 46" plasma tvs for &798 that they had.
Why in the world would you advertise a sale on a tv like that and only get 2. I know, I know, they just want to get you in to buy more things. I don't know why I'm telling you this, I wasn't getting that tv.
Anyway, to John's dismay, he leaves and goes outside and calls the Ripley and Caruthersville Wal-marts, because he is dedicated like that.
They also have ran out of computers.
But, for some strange reason he goes back inside and walks back to the electronics department where there were 2 computers that no one picked up.
The walmart guy in charge says that John can have one of the computers if the people don't pick them up by 9am.
John then proceeds to wait an hour and lucky him no one shows, so him and another lady were able to get the computers.
He keeps telling me it is my christmas present and not to ask for anything else. Boy, he hasn't learned me yet.
I do appreciate him getting out and fighting the crowds to get me my own computer.
That was very nice, but of course I'm going to ask for more things, it's just in my nature. It's one of my many personality flaws. I'll try to keep it to a minimum though.lol
Here she is... 
Now, Friday, I'll be off to a little early Christmas shopping myself, wish me luck.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
THE RUSH HAS BEGUN
Posted by Mindy at 12:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Aww!! Bro. John is such a good husband!! You're so lucky! Congrats on getting the "early" Christmas present!! See ya tomorrow night!
Post a Comment