Monday, November 24, 2008

GOD HAS BEEN SO GOOD TO ME

Last week I told you that I had won another giveaway and that there was a twist that came along with it.

Well, I won 2/ $50 dollar gift cards to Wal-Mart. One I could keep for myself and the other I had to give to someone in need.

What a great idea.

I had chosen who I wanted to give my other gift card to.

I had planned to give it to the person yesterday at church, but before I could find him after the service he was gone.

Today, I sent John out to take it to him at his house. I know you are wondering who it is so without further adieu....





This is Bro. Hallum, he is a deacon in our church. He has recently had to have his wife hospitalized and then she was placed in the nursing home. He has really been struggling being without her and as most elderly people he is on a fixed income and has been struggling financially as well because of the strain of driving back and forth visiting her. She was in a nursing home about 35 miles away.

I know it has been hard on the both of them. I went and visited Mrs. Mary a few weeks ago in the nursing home and she told me how much she missed her husband and as she had tears in her eyes she told me how they had never been apart in their entire marriage. She said how they have "crying spells" on the phone and she just wants to come home for Thanksgiving.

Bro. Hallum has been praying that Mrs. Mary would be able to come home for Thanksgiving.

Well, today Bro. Hallum got 2 blessings. When John got to their house, Mrs. Mary was home. God heard and answered their prayers. When John told them why he was there, they couldn't have been more thankful. Now they have a little something extra to use during the holiday season.

Neither of them have ever heard of a blog, so John tried his best to explain to them that God was using me so that someone they have never met could be a blessing to them. That part they got.

Isn't God good. Just even more reason to be thankful this Thanksgiving.

Thanks Beachy Mimi for allowing God to use you in order to bless others.

You can go here to read the other winners stories of how they used their cards as well.

I want to leave you with the chorus of a song..

I HAVE BEEN BLESSED, GOD'S SO GOOD TO ME
PRECIOUS ARE HIS THOUGHTS OF YOU AND ME
NO WAY I COULD COUNT THEM, THERE'S NOT ENOUGH TIME
SO I'LL JUST THANK HIM FOR BEING SO KIND
GOD HAS BEEN GOOD, SO GOOD I HAVE BEEN BLESSED.

3 comments:

Tracy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I read a few of the comments on her post earlier today... made my eyes a little moist! :)

Sandy said...

What a blessing. I enjoyed reading your post.