Monday, June 2, 2008

HE SHALL DIRECT THY PATH

Tonight at church we honored our graduating seniors. This took me way back to when I was graduating from high school which this year was eleven years ago. I cannot believe it has been that long ago, it just seems like yesterday. I remember the way things were before I "grew up". I remember going to football games on Friday nights, now instead of football games I'm going to my kids t-ball games. Instead of going out on dates and hanging out with my friends, I stay home with my kids and want more alone time with my husband. I remember being carefree and my parents buying and paying for everything, now I have the job of balancing the checkbook, dreading bills, and buying more things for my kids than for myself. Although those years of being young and carefree maybe long gone, I still wouldn't trade where I am now and the life that I have for anything in the world. Eleven years ago as I was graduating from school, I could never have imagined I'd be where I am today and doing what I do today. I never thought I would marry a preacher, boy was that a shocker. I never imagined having 4 kids and then homeschooling them all. I never imagined moving away from the only place I ever knew as "home", but now I could not imagine my life any differently. I'm glad the Lord knows what He is doing and leads me in the paths that He would have me go. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:6

1 comments:

Sandy said...

What an honor it is to be married to a preacher.
God is so good, All the time.
Love,
Sandy