Friday, June 6, 2008

Waterslides and Well-behaved Kids


For the past couple of days my kids have been playing outside on our waterslide. This gives me a few hours to clean and relax without all the noise in the house. I love it. Thanks to who ever invented these things. The kids really enjoy it and I can get them to do just about anything by saying, "when you are done picking up your things, you can go play on the water slide", "if you two keep arguing and fighting, you will not be able to play on the waterslide today." Well, this has made the kids really good this week. I know you shouldn't bargain or bribe your kids and I'm not condoning it for anyone else other than myself. I personally am not a fan of the summertime, but if it keeps the kids outside and happy, I'm all for it. We live in the parsonage which is right next door to our church so we can't have a pool anymore, (for fear of the other kids drowning) but we can have the waterslide, so it provides endless hours of fun for the kids. It also means that neighborhood kids are in the yard but really this is no different than any other day. I guess when you have as many kids as I do you draw all the other kids to your yard. So if these kids keep being good, don't be surprised if they get the even bigger waterslide. Don't tell them I said so. HEHE.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Hey, if it works, I say go for it. Looks like they are having a lot of fun.
Sandy

Anonymous said...

Ditto the fun!! Go Moo!