Thursday, June 26, 2008

I don't want no rocks!

Tonight was an interesting night at church. First off. I had all the kids from our Wednesday night Explorers Club sing in the choir. There were 27 kids, now let me tell you, when we are downstairs you can't keep these kids quiet, but you put them up in front of a group of people to sing and you can barely hear them. So I'm thinking about having class in front of a group of people just to keep them still and quiet.(just kidding) They did a pretty good job. Next we went downstairs where Jennifet taught them a lesson about judging others. They really loved this because she used the text from the Bible about the woman who was going to be stoned. She had them make "stones" out of paper wads and then she picked a student and had them come to the front. The kids had no idea what was going on and when she told them to stone the girl, you would have thought she had just given them free tickets to Disney. These kids loved it. I'm a little worried now. lol But, after we got there attention again and got them to stop throwing paper wads "stones", she had them take another piece of paper and write down just 1 sin they had committed this week. She gave them time to think and write something down and then she gave them the opportunity for the ones who didn't have a sin written down to throw the 1st stone. Well of course no one could and thus the moral of the story. If we would only look at things the way Jesus does. He was the only one there who justifiably could have thrown the stones at her, yet He was the only one who didn't want to, He just wanted to forgive her. I think many times we are all just standing there with our stones in our hands waiting for someone to fall and mess up so we can "stone them". Not realizing our own shortcomings and how these stones so easily could be turned on us. Jesus isn't standing over us waiting for us to sin so He can throw rocks at us , He is just standing there with forgiveness and love wanting us to do the right thing. Thanks Jennifer, I think maybe I got as much out the lesson as the kids did. Shout out to Bethany, you know why!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out!! I checked it first thing this morning when I got to work!! Feel free to mention me in all future blogs! It makes me feel very special!! :)