Sunday, June 15, 2008

HAPPY FATHER"S DAY


This is my husband's 10th father's day and I just want to take a moment and tell you how great of a father he is. John has always been a hands on dad, not one of these dad's who were afraid to change diapers or to clean up throw up when the kids are sick. He has always been a big help to me. My kids are very blessed to have a dad that loves to spend time with them and who wants to go out and play with them. There are alot of father's out there who don't or won't take out time from their busy schedules to spend time with their family. I'm proud to say this is not the case with the father of my children. He genuinely wants to be around us and spend all his free time with us. I am amazed at the husband and father he has been. He is willing to work and do all he can so that we can have what we need and most of the things we want. I guess I have taken for granted the fact that most fathers don't do family devotions with their children. I don't understand why people will send their children to school and will make them do all sorts of things but will not take the time to teach them about the Lord, the most important thing we can do for our children is to make sure we do all we can to lead them to Jesus Christ. I'm very blessed that John takes the Bible everynight and reads it to our kids and prays with them. These are special times for my kids, they love this time and they remind him everynight not to forget their bibile story. John has baptized 3 of our kids and we know that the day will come when our youngest will be saved and he can also baptize him. John you have been a great dad and we want to say we love you and happy father's day.(don't get too used to the new recliner, you know you have to share it with me)lol.

1 comments:

Sandy said...

I love your comments about your husband. About the diaper changing, we had someone in diapers for about 12 solid years. I think my husband changed about 20total diapers for all 5 kids combined. But he did help in all other areas. Have a great week.
sandy