Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thank You Lord

I thought I would tell you a little about my family. We are the Dillinger's. Evan is 9, Kailey is about to be 8 next Wednesday, Landon is 6, and Sawyer is 4. That's my husband John, pretty cute huh? God has blessed me more than I could ever imagine. I have a great family who loves each other and loves the Lord. We all have our little quirks but that is what makes us who we are.
Yesterday, we were riding in the car and we were singing, Kailey who wants to sing,(but bless her heart isn't that great, I'm her mother I can say that), well, anyway, she said "Daddy, do I sing good?" and he said, "yes you do, Why?" one of the girls at church said I didn't sing good at all. I then asked her, "well, did you say that back to her?" and she replied "no that would be rude." Thank God they are learning something. I often worry, "am I teaching them all they need to know for school, am I teaching them the correct way to do this or that? Then I am reminded that those things are good, but the type of people and character they have will far more outweigh those things. I think God is reassuring me that they are learning and most of it may not be from a text book, it may just be little lessons of watching others and how we treat one another.
One more story, this one is about Evan. A few weeks ago we had a new kid move into our neighborhood. Let me backtrack just a minute, Evan is the type of kid who wants to see the world saved, so if you come over, you can bet he will find out if you are saved or not. Back to my story, anyway, new kids moves in and comes over to play with the kids. He says, "Hey, Evan, I want to show you my new skateboard." Of course, Evan is impressed and wants to show the new boy something of his. You will never guess what he wanted to show him. I was thinking maybe his bike, nintendo ds, or some latest toy, but no, this boy came into the house got his BIBLE and took it outside. His most prized possession, when John came in and told me what he was out there doing, I thought I was going to burst with pride. I am so glad that my kids know God and want to share Him with others. I couldn't ask for anything more. Stories from Landon and Sawyer to come...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Makes ya feel all warm and fuzzy inside, doesn't it??
Good for you, mom and dad! :)

A Day In Our Household. said...

Awww Mindy you are doing a wonderful job with them. I know the feeling about not being sure that the teachings are setting in. But I also think you are right with God showing you that you truly are doing a good job. Evan has a heart of gold and it prides my heart to hear that story, so I can only imagine what pride you feel!!AND remember Mom that ANYONE can sing in God's eye, or in this case ears...lol.

Anonymous said...

I love your family Mindy! All your kids are so sweet (most of the time) ;)
Last night me and Kailey was talking about Heaven and she was telling me about everybody she wanted to see that..it was so sweet! I wanted to cry! You should be very proud!

Anonymous said...

ok i meant to say see THERE not that..lol