Sometimes I just get the urge to do something different, get out of our routine for a change. So yesterday we decided to spend the night in a hotel just to let the kids swim. Now mind you, we didn't even leave Dyersburg, the hotel is only about 5 or 6 minutes from our house. We didn't have to do any extensive traveling and we saved so much just by not having to drive anywhere and pay nearly $4.00 a gallon for gas. The kids had a great time but could not understand why we were not staying at home, since the last time we had to stay in this hotel was about a month ago for 3 days while the pipes in the basement were being fixed. Even though we were still in Dyersburg it was good to get out and "pretend" for a while. I think we should be more spontaneous more often, just say, let's get out of here and do something fun, instead of doing laundry or cleaning the house, get out and do something as a family that we might not normally do. We told the kids not to worry this was NOT our VACATION, we will still be going on one next month. This summer I am hoping to do some fun things with the kids at least once a week. I want them to have good memories of their summer vacations.
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
FUN! I'm proud of you for making memories! --So important, eh?
Cute template, btw! I am due to change mine sometime in the near future. :o}
sounds like you have fun. Hope to see ya soon.
Post a Comment