Sunday, June 8, 2008

I'M A PHASE 10 JUNKY

This weekend was an interesting weekend. My mama, aunt, neice, nephew, and cousin came to Dyersburg to visit and see Landon's last ballgame. We just hung out, went to the ballgame and shopped. Sometimes the most fun you have with family is just at home, not doing anything fancy or extravagant, just good old eating, conversation, and maybe a good game or two, which brings me to the point of this blog. Saturday night after we had all eaten and everyone had taken there showers and all snug in their pjs, we decided to start a game of Phase 10(fair warning to all who start to play it is addictive). We didn't start the game until probably close to 12. Everyone was tired and you know how you get when you're tired, yes, delusional. We were all laughing and making no sense and every little thing was hilarious, things that normally you would just snicker at, we were laughing our heads off at. Then 2 rolls around and we are still playing and everyone is starting to want to quit and go to bed, but by now I have gotten the bug. I could not let them stop now especially when I was winning. So I convinced them to keep playing, I finally got to phase 8 and they gave up on me me. So the game ended at 3:30 this morning. Mind you we had to get up for church just a few hours later and get 7 kids ready. What in the world was I thinking. I must have some kind of addictive nature because it killed me to have to stop playing without being finished. So, I will not let them forget that they still have to play me the last two rounds of that game, regardless of what time it is. Boy, John is in trouble this week because I'll be making him play that game with me constantly.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

That's too funny. I would like to see you & Jeremy play phase 10. He's really good and he hates to lose too. It would be very entertaining I'm sure!

Anonymous said...

That is a fun game!! Although, I am not sure it is 3:30 AM worthy!! :)

A Day In Our Household. said...

How lame am I, I have never even heard of Phase 10. But now I really want to try it!! You are so funny Mindy.

Tracy said...

Okay Mindy......update the blog please :) lol....I just couldn't resist!