Today's Tasty Thursday recipe is Chicken and Spinach Enchiladas. One thing that I can't get over is that everyone of my kids love spinach, even Evan. our pickiest eater. So for supper Monday night I decided to fix this. I found it on a recipe blog and thought I'd try it. The pictures are not mine, but instead of having the hassel of all the picture taking while trying to get supper done was more than I wanted to bear. The kids loved it, which was a relief because I'm tired of the same ole, same ole meals. So, these are borrowed from the lady who's blog I got the recipe from. If you try it, let me know what you thought.
Chicken and Spinach Enchiladas
1 (10 oz.) package of chopped spinach, thawed
2 (10 oz.) cans of enchilada sauce
1 (16 oz.) jar of medium salsa, divided
1 (8 oz.) package of cream cheese
2 1/2 cups of shredded roasted chicken**
8 (8-9 inch) flour tortillas
1 (8 oz.) package of Mexican Four Cheese Blend
2 (10 oz.) cans of enchilada sauce
1 (16 oz.) jar of medium salsa, divided
1 (8 oz.) package of cream cheese
2 1/2 cups of shredded roasted chicken**
8 (8-9 inch) flour tortillas
1 (8 oz.) package of Mexican Four Cheese Blend
Combine both cans of enchilada sauce with 1/4 cup of salsa.
Place cream cheese in microwave-safe bowl and microwave on HIGH for approximately 1 minute until the cheese is soft
Add thawed and drained spinach to softened cream cheese.
(Note: I drain spinach, squeeze out excess water and then press between paper towels to drain thoroughly.)
(Note: I drain spinach, squeeze out excess water and then press between paper towels to drain thoroughly.)
Add shredded chicken and remaining salsa and stir until well blended.
Place about 1/3 cup of chicken spinach mixture across the center of each flour tortilla.
Place rolled tortillas, seam side down, in a lightly greased 13" x 9" x 2" baking dish
Pour enchilada sauce mixture over the top of rolled tortillas.
Sprinkle shredded cheese over top of tortillas.
Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 30 minutes until cheese is melted and mixture is bubbly.
Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes
**Side note: Next time, I make this, I will change a couple of things.
1. I will leave the salsa out of the enchilada sauce.
2. I will not add salsa to the chicken, cheese, and spinach mixture. Instead, I will add a little enchilada sauce, not too much, so that it won't be runny.
3, I will make a bigger batch, because the kids ate it up!!!

0 comments:
Post a Comment