Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday Mindy Lou!

Hello blogger friends! This is John, Mindy's husband,
(This is me)

and this is my first venture into the exciting world of blogging. I will try to be brief(mainly because I don't want to get hooked on this whole blogging thing!)but, i want to tell all of you about the greatest thing about today, June 3rd. Now, i found out that a lot of interesting things have happened on different June 3rds throughout history. For instance, Did you know?:

June 3, 1800 John Adams is the first president to take up residence in Washington, DC (in a tavern the White House was not yet completed).

June 3, 1808 Birth of Jefferson Davis Ky, Pres of Confederate States of America

June 3, 1850 Kansas City, Mo was first incorporated as a city.

June 3, 1851 The first baseball uniforms are introduced. Knickerbockers wear straw hat, white shirt & blue long trousers (very fashionable!)

June 3, 1861 First Civil War land battle-Union defeats Confederacy at Philippi, WV

June 3, 1889 The first long-distance electric power transmission line in the United States is completed, running 14 miles between a generator at Willamette Falls and downtown Portland, Oregon, United States. (probably to run some womens hair dryers!)

June 3, 1913 Birth - Ellen Corby Racine Wisc, actress (Grandma Walton-The Waltons) I LOVE THE WALTONS!!!

June 3, 1925 Goodyear airship "Pilgrim" makes first flight (It is the first airship with enclosed cabin)

June 3, 1940 World War II: The Luftwaffe bombs Paris.



June 3, 1943 A mob of 60 from the Los Angeles Naval Reserve Armory beats up everyone perceived to be Hispanic, starting the week-long Zoot Suit Riots. (DID SOMEONE WRITE A SONG ABOUT THIS?)



...........i was really suprised to learn this one............



June 3, 1953 Billy Joe McAllister jumps off the Tallahatchie Bridge, according to the 1967 hit song Ode to Billy Joe by Bobbie Gentry, and the movie which followed.



To sum things up...



Some people were born, some people died, some people started wars, some people wrote some songs, but....



...the most important person in my life was born....have you guessed yet?









That is her, in the white, with the big smile and bright eyes.

That is not only the amuzing woman who posts this blog sight, but she is the light of my life.

I could not begin to explain all of the great things that she means to my life. She has given me four beautiful children. Ten wonderful years of marriage. Eight great years of side by side labor in the ministry(although she is my toughest critic, she is also my most trusted advisor), and countless joys of laughter. I'm talking about side splitting laughter. She brightens up the room when she smiles, but when she laughs, it is like a burst of sunshine. Unfortunately, some of her most uncontrolable laughter has been times of great pain for me...for example...the time that i bent over to pick up a toy, and instead of taking the q tip out of my ear, i left it in, and hit my head on the wall, busting my ear drum. Now don't pass judgement on her, i think she was laughing at my overexaggeration of pain, and my inability to walk a straight line(busting your eardrum throws off your equalibrium)
...or, there was the time that i decided to be my own electrician, and was changing a 220 volt dryer outlet...i could have swore that i threw that breaker!!!...but, NO! I flew in the air, against the hallway wall, and when i came into the living room, my head appeared to be smoking...this to Mindy, was the funniest thing she'd ever seen!...
So, June 3rd is my "Baby's" birthday, and i hope to provide her with a laugh to remember...i just hope it doesn't land me in the emergency room!

Happy birthday Mindy, I love you!!!

John D (and the kids)

PS: In honor of Mindy's birthday, i have worked out a deal with Sonic Drive In, which i am a majority stock owner of,(well, not actually, but after you buy about ten of the Super Sonic Cheeseburgers, you should be!) to be giving away free Root Beer Floats from 8:00 p.m. til midnight. So enjoy one in honor of Mindy!!!

4 comments:

Keeling Family said...

Thats so sweet of Bro. John to post for you.. I've heard that q tip story so many times.. I think that has really made an major affect on him... Hope you have a wonderful Day Mindy.. We love ya!

Tracy said...

Okay...if I could spell the way vomit sounds I would do that right about now ;o}

A Day In Our Household. said...

HAHAHAHA I wish I could have seen Bro. John when he came in from changing the 220volt thingy!!!!! I think I would have laughed too. Oh wait I AM laughing. Mindy I hope you have a WONDERFUL birthday. You really do deserve it =)

Courtney said...

Happy birthday, Mrs. Mindy! I meant to come to your party, but I promise I lost track of time 'cause we were outside swimming and stuff! Hope you had tons of fun!

BTW-- I laugh when people get hurt too. I can't help it. ;)