Sunday, June 28, 2009

LUCY

Today was a sad day at our house.


Mr. Jack and Mrs. Ann had to come by to visit for a little while, so I let the kids go out and play so we could talk and they could work off some energy.

.

Some of you may remember the stray little dog, Lucy, who wondered into our yard about a year ago. We even gave her the name Lucy.

Well, our neighbors took her as their family pet.

They told the kids any time they wanted to see her just to let them know and they could play with her whenever they wanted.

This was perfect because they could still see her and play with her.

Everytime she came out they would get excited and yell, "Lucy's here" and they would all run out to greet her.

We kept a box of treats for her by the back door and they would give them to her.

Well, today as we were inside talking, Evan came in with really big eyes and said, "Dad, Lucy just got run over and I think she died."

He was trying not to cry.

So we al went out to see what was going on.

We could hear Landon and saw that he was sitting in the grass facing the road, crying and saying "Lucy, Lucy, why God, why?"

You talk about tearing my heart out.

He was sitting out there watching her and couldn't do anything about it. He said, " I was telling her to run, but she was just walking." I mean he was realy devastated.

What makes it worse is that they saw the whole thing and Evan said the car didn't even slow down.

John said it's a good thing he didn't know who done it or he'd be after them.

I feel so bad for them.

They have been crying on and off all day about it.

Most of you know that I'm not a big animal person, but I did like this little dog, she was so well mannered and sweet.

She had just had puppies about a month ago.

So at least her legacy will go on.

The Dillinger kids loved you Lucy, you will be missed.

1 comments:

A Day In Our Household. said...

awwww I hate to hear that Mindy. Yes I remember Lucy the dog that mysteriously showed up at your house.