Saturday, June 27, 2009

SUNSHINE ON MY SHOULDERS MAKES ME SUNBURNED

Today has been one busy day.
We started the day off going to Mickey D's for breakfast.
Then we decided that we hadn't been tortured in a while, so we went to stand out in the sun in 1000 degree heat while the teenagers from church washed cars.
We are taking them to church camp next week and I'm not sure that I'll survive.
I am asking for everyone to get down on their knees and pray to the good Lord above that he'll spare us and send some cooler weather our way. (PLEASE!!!!)

We endured the car wash for a while and then my better judgement set in. I took Kailey, Bailey, and Moo back to the house to cool down for a bit. Then it was back out the door to take the youth popsicles, because we all know popsicles are a must on a hot day. They ate 48 of them!!!! We had about 18 kids out there and I am so proud, they did a great job. Kudos to anyone willing to volunteer to be in this heat:)

The wash was over around 2 and couldn't have come a minute sooner;) Then we headed to the house threw a couple burgers on the grill for the kids and went to a pool/birthday party. We finally got home around 8. We all showered and fell out on the couches.

Next week we'll go to Arkansas and celebrate Kailey's 9th birthday!!! Then off to camp on Sunday. Don't forget to say your prayers about that cool weather!!!
p.s. ...... I got sun burned today and I HATE it!

Everyone have a Blessed Lord's Day!!!!!!!!

1 comments:

Tracy said...

It was hot wasn't it!

I'm so tired...but I think I drank the Mtn. Dew a little late and I'm wired!!!

Plus 5 kids...all still awake isn't helping much ;o}~they are being really good though.