Thursday, March 19, 2009

HIPPITY HOPPITY EASTER'S ON ITS WAY

Here comes Peter Cottontail, hopping down the bunny trail, hippity, hoppity Easter's on its way.....

I remember this song from when I was a child waiting on Easter. Now, my aunt Flora still sings it to the kids this time of year.

I love Easter or Resurrection Sunday, whichever you prefer to call it. I'm so excited and looking forward to it this year.

Easter is one of my favorite times of year. Everything is coming back to life, which is a constant reminder of Jesus our Lord coming up out that grave!! Up from the grave He AROSE, with a mighty triumph o'er His foes. Amen!



We know that this time of year also means new Easter outfits! Hooray! I love coming to church on Sunday morning and seeing all the spring outfits. I also remember when I was little and girls wore Easter hats, that was so forever ago. Not much on hats.



I've been online looking for the kids some outfits and these are a few I think are really cute!

But, before the pics I must share about Evan's first Easter.

Every year that I can remember we got new outfits for Easter and an Easter basket , from you know who. Well, I informed John that Evan had to have an Easter outfit. He had no idea what I was talking about because evidently, he wasn't raised getting a new Easter outfit each year. I honestly had no idea that he was so clueless to this yearly event. He was like, "what are you talking about?" He assumed, I wanted to dress Evan up like the Easter bunny! Yeah, you heard me, he thought I was going to buy Evan a bunny costume? After much laughter and explaining he came to the understanding that this was a must and now when we talk about getting the kids Easter outfits he doesn't assume that I want to dress them up like rabbits!


Anyway here are some of my top pics that I found online... let me know what ya think!





























4 comments:

jodikeeling said...

well i like the pink polka dot dress. And love the suits for the boys.. Jon and Jon caden have matching suits and ties.. I cant wait... You always have your kids looking so cute and together...

A Day In Our Household. said...

I think the first two are cute as can be! I almost chose an outfit just like that for the boys last year=) Either way Jodi is right they are always dressed as cute and handsome as can be.

Anonymous said...

Seriously, can you go wrong with polka dots? ;)

Courtney said...

That first girls' dress is adorable!