Last night, John was getting the kids settled down and ready for the nightly bible study and I hear this....
Evan: Oh no, where's my bible?
Landon: I don't know
Evan: A man can't live without it
Landon: What?
Evan: Landon, don't you know a man can't live without the word of God? I'll die without it.
I found it just a bit humorous that he was calling himself a man, but then the conviction settled in. I also realized God was telling me something through this short conversation 2 of my boys were having. He was letting me know that it's true, man cannot live without the word of God. So, many times I put off reading my Bible just to do petty things like check out what everyone's doing on the computer or watch some silly show on tv, when I should be taking the extra time to read my Bible so that I can grow spiritually. Just like Evan said, we'll die without it. I don't mean a literal death, but a spiritual one. I know I need to be fed from the word of God daily and I know it will enrich my life but many times I will go and not read it. I learn alot things from Evan. He takes God at His word, he doesn't just play around. He sincerely wants to do what's right and wants to please the Lord. I wish I could always say the same thing for myself. I find myself alot of the time worried about what I want and not about what God wants for me. It's amazing to me how God can use a 10 year old boy to show me what needs fixin in my own life.
Listen in to your kids conversations, you never know what you need to be hearing.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
YOU'LL DIE WITHOUT IT
Posted by Mindy at 7:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
It is good to have the reminder. Our kids are worth listening to. Please Pray for me to always keep HIM first.
Post a Comment