Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy Birthday John


Today is my husbands birthday.
So in honor of this day and because I love him,
I will list 29 things about him
.









1. He loves God and wants to share Him with others

2. He has nightly Bible study with our children

3. He has always helped with the kids whether it was changing diapers or cleaning up throw up, he done it without hesitation.

4. He loves to spend time with the kids, something alot of "dads" don't do.
5. He loves me even though I'm bossy and demanding

6. He wants his kids to be saved and serve God more than he wants them to grow up and be wealthy or successful. Although he would like that as well!

7. He never liked reading until he became a preacher, now he reads all the time

8. He cried at our wedding(at the time I thought it was tears of joy, now I'm not sure!lol)

9. He takes care of me and the kids when we're sick and does a great job

10. When the kids were babies he took turns getting up with them in the middle of the night even though he worked full time
11. He's very competitive. He thinks he has to win at everything he does.

12. He cooks and is pretty good at it

13. He thinks of others before himself

14. He will wake up and pray with me in the middle of the night if I am worried about something

15. He can play the drums, bass, saxophone, acoustic and electric guitars. And now wants to learn to play the banjo and piano.

16. He isn''t ashamed to preach the word of God and to take a stand on the King James Bible

17. He still has the first prayer list he started and prayed for daily and has seen most of the needs on that list answered.

18. He has baptized 3 of our 4 kids and he also baptized me

19. He loves to listen to preaching on his ipod

20. He sings with me in the car

21. He loves sports and watches espn everyday or at least checks out the wholehogsports online because he's an avid Razorback fan. Woo Pig Sooie. He also helps coach the boys ball teams. And hits "homeruns" at his own softball games!

22. He touched a shark and was almost bitten this year

23. He will try almost anything, whether it be weird food or crazy contraptions

24. He calls everyday before he comes home to see if I need anything
25. He doesn't like to be away from us when he has to go out of town for work
26. He loves that the kids want him to pray with him before bed and that they all sleep with their Bibles
27. He has spent almost 12 years of his life with me
28. He helps me out when I'm way too stressed to deal with everything
29. He loves me and our kids and would do anything for us
We love you John and hope you have a great day today.
I'm so glad God put us together and I look forward to spending many more of your birthdays with ya.
I love you.

3 comments:

A Day In Our Household. said...

Happy Birthday Bro. John. Have a great day. Also to add to the list he is a great preacher and a great Sunday School teacher as well!

Tracy said...

Happy Birthday Bro. John...

Hope you have a good one...boy, I sure thought you were older than 29!

;o}~

Anonymous said...

Birthday wishes coming from us too!!