Today I decided I would go out and buy myself some new clothes. Well, it didn't go as well as I was expecting. I went to the mall here in Dyersburg, which doesn't have very many options for shopping. There is a Peebles, JC Penny, Catos, Maurices... you get the point. I went in optimistically thinking I would find some cute outfits, but the more I looked the more disappointed I got. The more I tried things on the more depressed I got. I mean it is really sad when you go into a dressing room thinking, these will probably be a little big, let me say, they were not a little big. I know I need to shed about 50 pounds, but mentally I don't feel as big as I actually am. In my mind I'm not big, I like to say I'm skinny on the inside. Nevertheless, I pressed on and tried to find just the right outfits, but to no avail I came out of the mall with just one shirt. So, maybe this weekend I'll feel better about myself and be able to shop, which I love to do, and find the great clothes I know are out there and not the ones that only fit skinny people. People, PRAY that I lose weight.
Friday, May 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
AMEN Mindy I soooooo feel your pain, that is the very reason I HATE shopping unless it is for someone else!! You will lose weight, Ill pray for you just please pray for me to do the same...lol.
Prayers coming your way!
On the flip side, I couldn't imagine Mindy any other way. You have a wonderful personality and what's on the INSIDE surely shines through.
I totally understand what you mean! I could shop all day for the girls but would rather be stabbed in the eye with a hot poker than try to find something cute for myself. I have lots of shoes and purses because they always fit. What can I say, I love food!! I'll send some prayers your way if you send a few my way. Keep on truckin'. Love ya!
I think you are beautiful just the way you are! ....but I will be praying for you.
Post a Comment