Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Home where I belong.

Hey, it's good to be back home again. Isn't that a John Denver song...?ha. I have been in Arkansas the past few days and I love going to visit my family, but after a few days, I'm ready to come back to Tennessee. When the Lord first called us to TN, I was very emotional about it. I didn't want to leave my family. Northeast Arkansas was all John and I had ever known. I now can honestly say that I love where God has us during this time of our lives. When we first came I didn't know if I would ever feel at home, but now almost 3 years later, I feel right at home here. I know that God could move us at anytime, being a preachers wife, I have had to come to realize and understand that is just how my life is going to be. I have always been the type to like to have control and to always know what is going to happen and what is going on, but more and more everyday, I come to find that God is showing me that I have to let go and let Him have control. I know His ways are higher than my ways and His thoughts are higher than my thoughts. Being a mother, I still have thoughts of wishing that I had a permanent home for my kids to grow up in and for John and myself to grow old in. Something in the country with lots of land and places for the kids to build on when they are grown, if they so choose. But I know we have a greater calling and that God wants to use us. So, anywhere He sees fit for us to be, I know he will always give me that good feeling of HOME.

0 comments: