Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Out of Gas

You know how the gas light on your car comes on and you think, oh, I have plenty of time before I need to fill up. Never again will you hear these words from me. Today as the kids and I were on the way to the store, we had gotten a little more than a mile away from the house, iand it finally happened. We had gotten to the stop sign when the car died. I started praying, Lord, please let this car start and just make it to the gas station. Well, it didn't. Lucky enough for me there was a nice man behind me who pushed my car out of the intersection and into a parking lot. I was so about ready to die. I knew John was 45 mins. from home, and I didn't want to bother anyone else, because of my own mistake of driving on E. So, here I go with 4 kids walking back home. There were a couple of nice women with children who stopped and offered us rides, but I told them thanks, we were fine and could make it. We had made it half way home, when out of nowhere, Tracy passes us by and needless to say, she picked up our poor, pitiful family and took us to get gas for the car. So word to the wise, when the gas gage shows E, it literally mean you have NO GAS.

1 comments:

Tracy said...

Ha.....that is so funny. Your face was so red! Watch it happen to me on the way to church tonight. Still haven't gotten gas!