Thursday, December 11, 2008

MERRY MEMORIES AND TASTY THURSDAY

Today's Tasty Thursday recipe is...

CORNFLAKE CANDY


CORNFLAKE COOKIES

1 c. white sugar

1 c. corn syrup
1/4 c. butter
1 c. peanut butter
6 c. corn flakes

Bring sugar & syrup to a boil. Remove from heat & add butter & peanut butter.
Melt, pour over cornflakes. Mix together good. Spoon onto wax paper.
Makes 50 cookies.

I plan on making this tonight with the kids.

I am the world's worst about not letting the kids help.

I figure if I just do it then there won't be that big of a mess and less clean up for me, but I realize
these days are ones for making memories and my kitchen can be cleaned.

So, I'm gonna to start today and try to loosen up a little and let the kids be kids.

We're also going to venture out and build a ginger bread house.

When the kids were little I would not let them get dirty for anything.

I have had to get better about this since they have gotten older and since there are more of them than there is of me.

Some things you just can't control no matter how hard you try. (You saw the hair pictures from last night)

Here's to you and yours and merry memory making!

3 comments:

The Timbs Clan said...

This one is a Family Tradition in our house and its Morgan's favorite thing to do during the holidays. Expect for the 3 layers Jesus Birthday cake we do on Christmas Eve

Anonymous said...

LOL- Good for you, Mindy!! Here's to a dirty kitchen and merry memories!!

Anonymous said...

yum! i am sure the kids will have a blast!! hope y'all have fun!!