Wednesday, December 17, 2008

BEEN GONE

Saturday, my mama, aunt, and cousin came up and done some Christmas shopping and stayed the night with us.

We started shopping and I started feeling funny, but just figured it was because I hadn't eaten anything all day.

So about 6 o'clock we finally stopped shopping long enough to go to Red Lobster, which always makes me feel better. I'm a Red Lobster lover, you know the slogan, "for the seafood lover in you" yeah, that's talking about me.



Anyways, I did feel a little better and we resumed shopping.

We made it to the last store about midnight and then it hit me.

I knew it was coming on... the death virus(or at least that's what I call it)



I have now been officially sick for 5 days. It's pretty much running fever, neck pain, headaches, and chills. I have had the occassional "pukies", but it's not really like a stomach virus.

I do feel somewhat better today and hope that by tomorrow I'll be fine, but just as soon as I think I'm feeling better it seems to hit me again that I'm not.



While shopping I did find some great things. Mama bought me a really cute purse, which she says I'll only carry a few times and be tired of. John says that is probably true. I say they may be right but who can pass up a cute purse.



I still have a little more Christmas shopping left to do, so maybe I'll feel better in time to go get the last few things on my list.


I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season.

I also want everyone to remember who this season is all about and everyone try to put aside all differences and be open and honest with one another. I think that would be a great Christmas gift to give anyone. Trust and true friendship. Friendship isn't just between 2 people, friendship is something that is big enough for everyone to be apart of, if you'll just allow it. A man [that hath] friends must shew himself friendly. Proverbs 18:24 You can never have too many friends.
"A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

Jesus is the true gift of Christmas and He also gave us other gifts as well. He gave the gift of friends and I'm glad to say that I count each of you as my friends and hope that you all have a very Merry Christmas and that God gives each of you the desires of your heart this year.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

How did you know I thought you were slightly cracked? ;o}

A am so for that...mean what you say & say what you mean! Amen!

I hope you feel better real soon! I think I am gonna have to go to Jackson to finish my shopping & I can't go alone.

I need emotional support ;o}

A Day In Our Household. said...

Mindy, I know my actions here lately have not shown that I feel you are a good egg, but that is not truly how I feel. You are a good egg to me and I am sorry if things have happened that have made you feel bad. Thank you for being my friend...I need a few of those from time to time =)

I am praying that you get to feeling better girl. Talk to you later.

P.S you are too funny when it comes to your fav. places to eat...lol