Tuesday, September 1, 2009

GETTING THINGS DONE

I've been trying all day to get the house ready for school. I cleaned out our school closet and put away all the books that I may need again, into totes and stored them in the basement. Our curriculum should arrive tomorrow. I am not that excited about it:)

I have been LOVING this weather. It makes me want to get all my fall stuff out. John started getting some of it out of the basement today, but then Mr. Tarry came over and he got out of it, lol maybe he'll finish tomorrow.

Tonight is the teen's bible study, but I decided to stay home and try and get more done. John took Evan and Kailey, and had to go by and pick up some of the youth to take out there.

We've been busy lately. This past weekend we went to Arkansas for Jonathan Skagg's ordination. While we were there we bought new tile for the entire house in Trumann. I'll be so glad when all of that is done. We're remodeling it, in hopes to sell it within the next 2 years. We're putting in new countertops, new flooring, trim, siding, and a ton of other things.

The Dyer county fair is next week. I'm excited about that, because nothing says fall like the fair. We plan on going Tuesday night, it's one of the cheapest nights, only $10 a person. That's still $60 stinking dollars to go the fair, good thing it's only once a year.

I also purchased a new bed yesterday. We bought a new bedroom suite about 6 months ago and stayed with our queen mattresses. Why, I have no idea, but we decided that we should have gotten a king size, so we upgraded. Ashley Furniture was having the sale where you get a King for the price of a Queen, so that's what we did. We saved over $600 by getting it when we did. I had to go ahead and purchase a new bed, but I was able to keep the same style that matches the rest of the furniture. Now, I have a sleigh bed, which will go into Kailey's room, and I bought a matching poster bed for my room. I just hope John's legs aren't too far away from me now, because I can't sleep without them!

Well, I'm about to go spray paint a side table I got the other day and enjoy this lovely weather. See ya when I see ya!!

0 comments: