Wednesday, May 27, 2009

WEEKEND FUN

We are back home after spending the weekend in Arkansas.

Now that school is FINALLY OVER, HALLELUJAH, we will be able to do more fun things with the kids.

We celebrated Landon's birthday while we were there.

Saturday we took him to eat at Fuji's and he loved it, just like I thought he would.

He ordered a steak, what 7 year old orders steak?

John told them when we went in that it was his birthday, so they gave him the special treatment, they came out banging a drum and had everyone clap and sing "Happy birthday" to him.

They also brought out birthday ice cream for him and played the Happy birthday song over the sound sysytem.

We will probably do this for the other kids as well, because they all enjoyed it.

After lunch, John took all the kids to see the movie, Night at the Museum. Landon decided against Chuck E. Cheese and opted for the movie, which I thought was bizarre.

While he had the kids at the movie, mama, Angela, and I went and done a little shopping.

Sunday afternoon, we all got together at my cousin Bryan's house and had our Memorial Day get together/cookout and had Landon's ice cream birthday cake. Bryan has an inground pool so everyone swam. Although, it did rain off and on for a little while, they still swam. All the kids kept saying, "we're getting wet in the pool anyway, what's a little rain going to hurt?" Actually, come to think of it, it didn't hurt anything.

Monday, Angela and I went to get pedicures. I love pedicures. I don't know why I don't get them more often? That must change.

We had a good time with everyone.

I'll post pics later. They still need to be uploaded.

Now I'm just dreading my 30th birthday, which is next Wednesday. I'm sure that day will be filled with lots of crying, gnashing of teeth, and utter disbelief. Which is probably not much different than any other day:) j/k maybe?

Everyone have a great Thursday!!!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Aww. Glad that Landon had a fun birthday! I can see him ordering a great big ole' steak. And inground pools are always awesome!

Becca @ {Sweet Pea and Pumpkin} said...

Hi, Mindy,
Thanks so much for stopping over at my painting blog! I wasn't sure if you would check back for my reply, so I'll leave your answer here. I will do any size canvas, but some of my most popular are listed below. These prices are average, but I usually determine price by the design as well, not just size.

16x20"- $60
18x24"- $65
20x24"- $70
24x36"- $80
30x40"- $90

Another popular one is the name board (with Established and the year of the marriage on top). That one is $45.

Let me know what you have in mind, and I'll get you a specific price!

Thanks,
Becca