These are just a few of the things that I can recollect saying to the kids. I remember being a kid, like everyone else, and saying, "I'll never say or do the things that my parents do to me." Boy, was I wrong. I think I may throw a few things in there they didn't say to me. Here are just a few.....
- All I do is follow you around, picking up after you like some maid.
- Are you deaf or something?
- As long as you live under my roof, you'll do as I say
- Beds are NOT made for jumping on.
- Close the door! You don't live in a barn
- Did you brush your teeth?
- Did you comb your hair?
- Don't make me get up!
Don't pick that scab, it'll get infected.
Don't pick your nose in public - .Don't run in the house.
- Don't sit too close to the television, it'll ruin your eyes.
- Don't talk with your mouth full!
- Don't walk away when I'm talking to you!
- Go play outside! It's a beautiful day
- How do you know you don't like it if you haven't tasted it?
- I didn't ask who put it there, I said "Pick it up!"
- I don't have to explain myself. I said no
- I just want what's best for you.
- I will always love you - no matter what.
- If it were a snake, it would have bitten you.
- Look at me when I'm talking to you.
- Pick that up before somebody trips on it and breaks their neck!
- Put that down! You don't know where it's been!
- Someone is going to end up crying
- Who taught you THAT? You didn't learn that in this house!
- You can't find it? Well, if you'd put things where they belonged, you wouldn't have this problem.
- You kids are trying to drive me crazy!
- You're the oldest. You should know better
- You're going to put your eye out with that thing!
Your father is going to hear about this when HE gets home! - You WILL eat it, and you WILL like it!
- You just ate an hour ago!
- You can go out to play...after you've done your school work.
- You can go out to play...after you pick up your room.
- Why? Because I SAID so, that's why!
You are getting on my last nerve. - When I was your age...
- Think of those poor starving children in Africa... (or China.)
- Now, say you're sorry...and MEAN it!
- Look at this room! It looks like a pigsty!
- Leave your sister (brother) alone!
- I'm going to give you until the count of three...
- I don't know is NOT an answer
- I don't care who started it, I said stop
- Don't run with a lollipop in your mouth.
I hope all you Mother's have a relaxing and wonderful Mother's Day!


2 comments:
HAHAHAHA! I found this to be hilarious! "Think of the starving kids in Africa"! I'VE even said that one!
Boy does this bring back memories. Not only of my mother, but of me sounding like my mother! LOL
Post a Comment