So much has went on the past couple of weeks that I can't even begin to remember it all. We've have been gone from home for 2 whole weeks and I'm so glad to be back. I hope to get back to a semi-regular schedule this week. The kids aren't finished with school yet, and if we don't get busy we will never finish this year!
John preached revival this past week at Parkview Baptist, our friend's church, in Trumann. Everyone was great and so we're the services. The wonderful ladies of the church prepared supper for us each night and did an outstanding job. I plan on sharing some new recipes that they shared with me later on in the week.
We had a fun filled Easter weekend. Saturday, we took the kids to an Easter egg hunt at Lakeroad Baptist, where we are holding our services for now, until we decide on what to do about our church. The kids had a great time and Lakeroad did an excellent job for the kids. They had bibles for all the kids which was very thoughtful.
Sunday, we had our service with the members of Lakeroad and then we had a candy rain (the guys get on the roof and throw candy down to the kids) for the kids. Everyone always enjoys this tradtion. There was soo much candy, I didn't think the kids were ever going to get it all picked up. After all this, we headed to Trumann to spend time with all our family and to eat lunch at my Aunt Pam's. Grandma cooks and we all show up to eat. She's a great cook. It was rainy, so we didn't get to have a traditional Easter egg hunt. I had filled 100 eggs with candy, plus we had dyed a dozen and a half. I wish it hadn't rained, but there will be more egg hunts for future Easter's. We are going to go into a sugar coma with all this candy. I bet there's at least 15lbs of candy in the house right now. I forgot to take pics of the kids Easter baskets, which makes me sad because I have taken pictures of their baskets since Evan was born. I forgot my camera, so Angela and Pam have the pictures of all of us. I'm at their mercy as to when I'll get them.
I've rambled on enough. Have a great Tuesday everyone!
Monday, April 13, 2009
WHAT'S BEEN GOING ON
Posted by Mindy at 9:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment