Ok, so I just assumed everyone made Rotel Dip, pretty much the same way.
I was wrong.
I don't like my Rotel to have the chunky tomatoes and stuff in it,
so we usually pour the can into the food processor to dice up the chunks.
Then we add it to the cheese and microwave.
Monday night the ladies fixed us Chili dogs, slaw, dip, and chips
and some other things that I don't remember, and again, everything tasted great,
but the Rotel really caught my eye.
I proceeded to find out who made it and what they did to it.
Mrs. Peggy had been the one who fixed it and told me how to make it.
I never thought of doing it this way, it is still the same old ingredients, just prepared differently.
It seemed to be creamier and better than most dips.
She also said that this is the thing people ask her to bring to parties and such and she could never understand why, after all it was just Rotel.
I told her that I didn't fix it like that and she said she thought everyone fixed it the same way.
I quickly told her that wasn't the case and I would be doing it her way from now on.
Here's what she did..... So simple, yet very good!
Mrs. Peggy's Way of Making Rotel Dip
2 cans of Rotel
1 box of Velveeta
In a saucepan or bowl heat the cans of Rotel together until boiling.
Next, place cubed cheese into a food processor or blender.
Then pour hot Rotel over the cheese and blend. Voila!
I'm telling you, it just makes it taste better. Try it and see for yourself!
Let me know how you all fix yours!


1 comments:
Hey! This is Nichole. We make it that way too (Janna showed me how). If you add a little garlic powder and ground cumin (you have to play around with amounts until you get it right) it tasted alot like poncho's dip. Just be careful; You can easily go through a couple of blenders this way. I burned mine up just last week :) Talk to you later.
Post a Comment