I made the kids mud cookies tonight for a snack...I must be loosing my mind because I'm sure they will keep them up all night! I thought I'd post this recipe because it's quick and simple. John says they are better than his grandma's, which is obviously some kind of feat for me. When he told her that mine were better, she said, there is no way!!! lol So here's the recipe for what we call Mississippi Mud Cookies....
1 stick of butter
2 c. sugar
3-4 tablespoons cocoa (depends on how chocolatey you want them)
1/2 c. milk
2 1/2 c. oats
1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
In sauce pan, add butter, sugar, cocoa, and milk. Bring to a boil. Once mixture comes to rolling boil, let it cook for exactly 1 minute. Then take off of heat. Next add, peanut butter, oats, and vanilla and stir. Spread mixture into a greased cake pan . Let cool and cut into squares. (My grandma always spooned them onto wax paper, but this way is easier because the mixture sets up quickly.)


2 comments:
I LOVE these cookies!! Me and Court are gonna make some today!!! Thanks for the recipe!
Oh and I love the new background! Very springy:)
These are yummy!!
Post a Comment