Tuesday, March 16, 2010

CHEESY POTATO SOUP


I wanted cheesy potato soup for supper Monday night. I couldn't find a recipe that I liked, so I just made up one that was similar to another soup that I make. I thought it turned out pretty good, although the kids weren't big fans, you can't win them all! Here's the recipe....


Diced Russet Potatoes (or whatever you have) about 8-10, I wanted mine with lots of pototoes, so I may have used more.

2 cans chicken broth

1 can evaporated milk

1/2 can of water

1/2 block of Velveeta cheese, cubed

1 package of bacon

Salt and pepper

Chives


In large pot, boil potatoes in chicken broth and 1/2 can of water, you may need a little more water to make sure your potatoes are covered. While potatoes are boiling, place your bacon on a sheet pan and bake in the oven on 450 until done to your liking, around 10 minutes or so. When potatoes are soft, turn down the heat until no longer boiling and then add evaporated milk and cheese. After the cheese has melted, crumble and add in the bacon. I added chives to the top of mine and John's, the kids will not eat them... if yours will add them to the pot. That's all there is to it! Hope you like it!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did this taste like O Charley's?? Sounds like it with the Velveeta.
YUM!

Mindy said...

It is similar! Did ya'll like it?