Well, it has snowed 10 inches here in Dyersburg.
We haven't seen this much snow in years!
We got the kids all bundled up so they could go out and play.
Since we aren't used to this much snow, we don't have all the necessary attire to play in it.
All the kids have snow boots, but we just have regular gloves, so you can imagine how long they lasted out there playing!
All the kids have snow boots, but we just have regular gloves, so you can imagine how long they lasted out there playing!
Their hands were freezing.
I have got to remember to buy them some snow gloves!
I think they played for around 30 minutes and then brought all the white stuff back into the house:)
We sat our bowl out and caught us 2 big bowls of snow, so that we could make snow cream.
I think they played for around 30 minutes and then brought all the white stuff back into the house:)
We sat our bowl out and caught us 2 big bowls of snow, so that we could make snow cream.
I LOVE SNOW CREAM!
John posted on facebook that we had it and we both had a lot of people ask us how we made it.
I figured everyone has had it.
I guess I was wrong.
I guess I was wrong.
Just so you'll know in the future here's the recipe I use....
Snow Cream
Large bowl of snow
1 can of Eagle brand milk
vanilla
Regular milk
I take the snow and add the eagle brand milk, vanilla, and then I just pour in the regular milk until it is the consistency that I want. If you try it, you will love it.
I hope everyone is staying warm and enjoying the beautiful snow.
1 can of Eagle brand milk
vanilla
Regular milk
I take the snow and add the eagle brand milk, vanilla, and then I just pour in the regular milk until it is the consistency that I want. If you try it, you will love it.
I hope everyone is staying warm and enjoying the beautiful snow.
It looks like we will be in for a few more days, since the temp isn't supposed to be above freezing until Monday.
We aren't having church tomorrow either.
I have a roast in the crock pot and the kids are back out trying to build a snowman:)
I love snow days!!
Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow? Job 38:22
Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow? Job 38:22

2 comments:
I enjoyed the snow sooooo much more than I thought I would! Glad your kids did, too!
I love your snow pictures. They are great.
We make snow cream while we were in Oklahoma. The people we were staying with had never had it.
Enjoyed catching up on your blog.
Love ya
Post a Comment