
We have been gone all week visiting our family in Arkansas. We had a great time and did lots of eating, shopping, seeing family we don't see nearly enough, having birthday parties, going on dates and much more.
Tuesday
John and I went on a date, something we rarely get to do. We went to lunch at Fuji's, one of our favorite places to eat and then went to see the movie The Bilnd Side. It was a really good movie. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a movie to see. The ASU basketball team showed up and watched it at the same time we did. I had no idea who he was, but John says I sat next to John Brady the Head coach who used to be at LSU and was in the movie although, you couldn't see his face. Did that make sense? lol
Wednesday
Mama, Flora, Angela, Katie, Aly, and myself went to Jonesboro shopping for last minute Thanksgiving things and had a great time. We had lunch at the Mongolian Grill, which was Aly's choice. I can tell you that I've had my fair share of Chinese and Japanese food this week. :)
Thursday
We went to my Aunt Flora's. Almost everyone was there. My aunts on my daddy's side always drop in to see us..... we don't see them nearly as much as I'd like. We ate more than we should and had really good day.
Friday
We went shopping. No, we didn't go at 4am like most people, but we did go around 10am. I got everything at Walmart that I wanted to get. So, I'm glad I didn't go really early because the things I wanted were still there at 10. I have to say A BIG THANK YOU to Mrs. Janet. She was going to stand in line and called to see if I needed anything, that's a great person right there! She was able to get me one of the $199 laptops. This is the second one I've bought in the last 2 months. I'm trying to decide if I should keep the other or not. I was keeping it for Christmas for Evan, but this one is $100 cheaper than the other I got him, so we'll see.
Today
We just stayed around Mama's until lunch time. We ended up going to the Fire Pit with everyone to eat before we left town. John says they have the best cheeseburger in Trumann, I think he may be right.
Well, I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving.
Now, we are getting ready to decorate the tree tomorrow night since we don't have church. We're going to make a night of it.
Then, Evan's birthday is Monday and we'll celebrate the day with him.
I can't believe he's going to be 11!!!!!!
Here are a few pictures from Thanksgiving!















1 comments:
Hello, Mindy!
I'm your seceret ornament swap recipient! I got your package yesterday, and THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! The Dorothy ornament is spectacular! I hope you had a chance in the store to see and hear it...press a button and you hear the original recording of Judy Garland singing Over the Rainbow. So beautiful! It is now hanging front and center on my tree and my little great-neice loves running her fingertips across the "haystacks."
This was so sweet of you, and I cannot thank you enough for actually seeking out something you knew I so wanted.
By the way, my new daughter-in-law is from Dyersburg! It's a small world after all!
Thank you again, from the bottom of my heart. I hope you are as pleased with whatever you receive from your partner. I will post a blog post next week about my super new ornament and the sweetheart lady who sent it to me.
Post a Comment