Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Happy Birthday to the prettiest girl in the world!







June the 3rd, 1979...that was the day that this world was introduced to a fiesty little girl, named Mindy! I wasn't there the day she was born(mainly because I wasn't born yet), but I'm sure that she came into this world the same way she's been living in it ever since, LOUD AND THE CENTER OF ATTENTION! That's one of the things that I fell in love with her for, Mindy isn't the type of person to sit in a room unnoticed. She is usually one of the ones in the center of the room that has having everybody laughing. I love to see her laugh! When Mindy smiles, her eyes shine like stars. (and nothing makes her smile more than getting gifts, I mean, it's just flip flops, and look at that grin!) That's one of the first things I noticed about her before we started dating. I'd never seen anybody look so bright when they smiled. It was like she was glowing, and I was like, that's a pretty girl right there smiling at me! She had diamonds for eyes, and it made me want to put a big one on her left hand(big is a reasonable term though, when you're eighteen!)




We were 19, and in love, just a couple of kids that had a lot of dreams and very little money. Evan came along in the first year of marriage, then Kailey, then Landon, then Sawyer, then a trip to a doctor to get that fixed! And if she has her way, we'll probably be adopting a Phillipino baby soon. Yes, life with Mindy is never dull. I thought I could wrangle Mindy, but Mindy will not be wrangled, and that's what I love about her.
(This picture makes me laugh!)




Being a preacher, its important to have a good help meet. I truly believe that Mindy has my rib! We go together like peanut butter and jelly...like crab legs and butter! She keeps my head out of the clouds when I'm flying too high, but helps to lift it up when it's sagging low. She is a great mother(hello, she homeschools four kids!), she is a great wife, and she is my best friend.




I love you with every ounce of my being, like the song says "When God made you, He must've been thinking about me" HAPPY BIRTHDAY MINDY LOU!!!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Aw, that's so sweet!! Have a great day, Mrs. Mindy!!! Love you and your family!

Kim said...

Aww, that about made me cry! Happy Birthday Mindy hope you have had a great one!!!